• Every effort has been made to ensure that all the books on this site comply with the copyright regulations of the country of publication and are in the public domain. In some cases, however, such as books published in Vietnam or Cambodia in the first half of the twentieth century, it has not been possible to trace the copyright.
• For books on the site by Dawn F. Rooney, the copyright has been transferred to her from the publisher, Oxford University Press.
• Unless otherwise noted, Dawn F. Rooney has provided the illustrations.
• The material on this web site may be used by anyone for educational, non-profit purposes.
• The archival books on this site have been scanned and reformatted in a .pdf format. Each one is presented as close to the original text as possible. The page references in the table of contents and the indexes, however, do not correspond to the pagination of the document.
• To speed the download time, the photographs in the books have been placed in a separate .pdf formatted file.
• This site may be linked to any other web page without permission; however, it may not be altered.